Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Steering Column

Concerning the roads in Michigan - they are beautiful, scenic drives, however the condition of some of these back roads varies from horrible to insane!  It's obvious that there has been no attempt to repair these roads for many years.  Think abut the roughest railroad track you have ever crossed.  That was only about 10 feet.  Now stretch that out for miles.  There were times I was in first gear to keep our teeth from falling out.

We've covered 1,100 miles so far with only one minor issue and it is not the fault of Everitt, Metzger or Flanders.  I had installed a rotary turn signal switch inside the panel of the fake door on the right side.  Rain water finds its way down the shaft and into the switch.  For a while, I could turn my blinker on and it was anyone's guess as to which light would blink. That switch is hard to get to and I can't get the moisture out of it.  Turn signals are a must. I'm not sure what I am going to do but I'll work it out.

My oil situation is back to normal since I drained out all the Marvel Mystery Oil.  I am using the Marvel Mystery Oil now only in the gas tank.  If you mix it with the oil, it thins the viscosity too much and the engine will leak like crazy.

No other problems to report.

........  AND THAT'S ALL PART OF MOTORING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment