Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ever had that "Oh ,#*#* feeling?  Joe and I were driving yesterday somewhere west of Kalispell, MT when out of the corner of my eye I spotted something.  Joe looked at his mirror and saw papers flying everywhere.  It was our Montana map atlas with our route and all the attached notes of who to see, where to see them, phone numbers and which day to see them.  It was our "bible" on the state of Montana. When we reached a safe place to pull over a pickup pulled over and the lady inside said, "Something just flew out of your car".  Like we didn't know, I politely told her "Thank you".

As we walked all the way back up the hill, I saw papers fluttering everywhere.  Joe took one side of the road and I took the other.  We retrieved papers from the road and the tall grass beside the road.  Joe's side had a ditch and my side had a guard rail, a narrow 3 foot ledge that looked way down a drop off.  I climbed over the guard rail and carefully looked down to see if I could spot any papers.  I didn't see anything down there and thankfully didn't have to make the decision to risk life and limb for a piece of paper.  

Back on the road with our Montana "bible" once again, we carried on.  We've now driven about 3,400 miles and this trip has become a lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment