Sunday, June 14, 2015

JOE'S STEERING COLUMN

We find the roads in Wisconsin in much better condition.  The engine had a slight miss in it the other day.  I found number 3 spark plug fouled.  We have had much rain, perhaps a third of our days have had rain.  The car is dirty but the engine loves this damp weather.  It always runs best in the rain.  I think the brakes love the rain too, because they don't have to work.  I plan W-A-A-A-Y ahead when I need to stop.

The STEERING COLUMN was originally intended for car club members and those mechanically-minded people who understand the nature of Brass-era cars.  Starting with the next STEERING COLUMN segment, I'm going to speak on an elementary level because there are many people who are interersted in our trip and even though they don't know much about early cars, they would like to "feel" the experience, so tomorrow I will begin to describe what it is like to drive a 103 year old car.

Til next, all is well here, and ---

----------THAT'S ALL PART OF MOTORING!

No comments:

Post a Comment