Monday, September 21, 2015

Today definitely felt like fall.  It was windy and overcast all day and we had the jackets out again.  I had to stop at Goodwill to get a heavier jacket to go over my lightweight jacket.  They are calling for mid-70's tomorrow and 20 per cent chance of rain.  I hope the forecast is accurate!

Today was our 19th anniversary!  It has been a wonderful adventure with my very special man!  I'm pretty sure I am going to keep him.  Who else would take me on such a fun adventure as this trip has been?

We spent about an hour and a half antiquing in Statesville, NC today.  Founds lots of Hershey items.  Good stop.  I think I need to come back to this area again either this fall or next spring in a modern vehicle so I can cover more ground and visit with some friends we won't get the opportunity to visit on this trip.

We had hoped to get to Fancy Gap, VA this evening, but decided not to risk it as rain was forecast for late this afternoon and our route would take us through some isolated areas.  The rattle in the car is back and Joe just came from investigating under the car.  He still can't figure it out.  That was another reason to not forge on past Statesville, NC this evening.  We'd hate to have a breakdown in an isolated area in the rain with no town in sight to spend the night.

On to Fancy Gap tomorrow where Joe can investigate the rattle issue more closely.  
Til then!


No comments:

Post a Comment