Saturday, September 26, 2015

This is our LAST night on the road!  We are about 50 miles from home!  

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.  Traveling in the old car has become a lifestyle.  I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new roads and having new adventures.  I know it can't go on forever and I have been extremely fortunate to have been able to have this grand adventure.  I am anxious to get home and to see friends, see my own little house and sit in my own little chair and sleep in my own little bed.  I want to see how my plants look, I want to find a special place for my frogs to sit and I want to just be at peace in my own little world.  A few days ago I posed the question, "Will I be sad to see the trip end", and the answer is yes and no.

I posed the question, "Would I do it again"?  I have thoroughly enjoyed the trip but we have met the challenge and been successful.  We have seen those roads and had those adventures.  I think I would like to take a trip in a modern car to see places we were not able to go in the antique car.  I will still be ready to tour in the antique car at the drop of a hat, but maybe not 4 months next time.

There are so many special people that we have met along our trip who have helped us and touched our lives in so many ways.  To all of them, our many thanks and best wishes always.  You will always be a part of this grand adventure.

Touring in the E-M-F with the breeze blowing through the car, feet on the dash, camera in hand to catch that elusive glimpse of an elk or the magnificent rock formation wrought by mother nature has been such a dream come true.  It doesn't matter if the road is dirt, mud, gravel, brick, concrete or asphalt, it doesn't matter if the scenery is desert, mountain or great plains, or the Inland Passage to Alaska, it was all special, all immensely exciting to see and all a part of the Majesty that is our great nation.  It is our privilege to live in the United States and to have the freedom to travel and experience our great land and it's history, it's diverse cultures and it's many unique natural wonders.  

We will be home tomorrow afternoon about 2 PM but the blog will continue for a few days more as we recall those special moments of the trip and those special people without whom the trip would not have been possible. 

Stay posted.

Thanks for following us in spirit on this most wonderful of trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment