Sunday, September 20, 2015

THE STEERING COLUMN

Concerning our mystery noise I spoke about the other day, it seemed like it came from the engine but now I am not so sure.  Sometimes it is hard to tell where a noise is coming from.  I'm thinking now that it wasn't coming from the engine at all, but rather from the transmission, perhaps a shifting fork misaligned or out of place in some way, dragging on the teeth of a gear.  That can make quite a racket.  Anyway, it hasn't caused any more trouble.

We'll be at Dave Green's place in Fancy Gap, Virginia tomorrow.  When we unload all of our luggage, car stuff and frogs, I'll take the floorboard out and remove the inspection plate on top of the transmission.  I'll look inside and see if I see anything out of wack.  

We are still going.  We have already covered over 10,000 miles, and by golly, we are going to make it home.

.........AND THAT'S ALL PART OF MOTORING...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment