Wednesday, August 19, 2015

THE STEERING COLUMN

I see that Betty has already mentioned the loose solder joint on the radiator neck.  I suppose I could have waited until I got home to fix it, but I like to take care of little issues like that right away.  A stitch in time.........you know the rest.

As you can tell, we've had plenty of computer issues.  It seems ironic to me that we can't depend on a 3 year old computer which is doing minimal work to report that a 103 year old car, which is traveling many more miles than it was ever intended to, is doing fine.  What is wrong with this picture?

That reminds me, I have a friend back home who, just last week, bought a new computer.  It sounds like he immediately bonded with it because he has already nicknamed it.  He affectionately refers to his new electronic device as "This DAMN thing".  I don't want to mention his name, but his initials are Clay Green.  He and I would both much prefer to depend on a century old mechanical device than a brand new electronic one.    

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Jim I meet you at Walgreens this afternoon. I'm fascinated with your journey. I'm amazed that you are driving a 104 year old vechicel over four thousand miles. I found it hard to believe but as I leaft Walgreens I found your vechicel. It a beautiful historical mahine. I'm looking forward to sharing you story with my father. He is eighty four years old. He and his father were trucker there first truck was a 1942 ford flatbed. They deliver materials for different small business through out northern New Mexico. He going to be amazed with the pictures I take of your 1912. If you need a place to stay in Taos check out my great aunt lodge it's the Kachina lodge . Adios amigos.....safe travel to you and God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete